Dairy & gluten free! These warm little treats are surprisingly light & fluffy. Whip them up in just 20 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 donuts
- 1 cup GF self raising flour (I used Organ)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Nuttelex original, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup +1 1/2 tablespoons almond millk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees celsius.
Spray a 6 hole donut pan with cooking spray & set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar & salt.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, Nuttelex & vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & using a whisk, combine thoroughly. Try not to over-mix the batter.
Spoon the batter into the donut cavities or use a large ziplock bag, filling 3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
Place the pan in the oven & bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the donuts spring back when touched.
Remove from the oven & allow to cool in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack.
- Before the donuts are completely cool, toss in cinnamon sugar (caster sugar & cinnamon combined).
- Eat them warm or reheat in the microwave for up to 2 days after baking.
I overfilled my pans a little so the holes closed over, if like me you don’t like wasting ingredients, you could spread this mix over 7 donuts but would need an additional pan.