It’s that time of year again! For those of us with dietary requirements the festive season can be a challenging time but with these fruit mince pies, I promise you won’t feel left out.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 sheets Pampus short crust pastry or gluten-free pastry, defrosted
- 410g jar of Robertsons Fruit Mix
- Almond milk to brush tops
- Baking paper & pie weights
- Preheat the oven 210 degrees celsius.
- Defrost the 3 sheets of pastry then cut into circles to fit a muffin pan. Grease pan then make sure the circles are higher than the normal edge as the pastry shrinks whist cooking.
- Prick the bottom of the tart shells with a fork. Line with baking paper & pie weights. Bake 12 minutes until golden.
- Cut out 18 stars in preparation for later.
- Remove baking paper & pie weights then return cases to the oven for an extra 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven & fill each pie with 1 heaped teaspoon of fruit mix. Top with 1 star per pie & brush with a small amount of almond milk.
- Bake for another 5 – 10 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.