Light & fresh, perfect for a summer night’s dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 beef rump steak
- 1 x 200g pkt grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 continental cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, large leaves torn
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil, leaves picked, large leaves torn
Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce & ginger.
Place the steak on a plate, drizzle with half the dressing. Cover with cling wrap & place in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 2 hours to develop the flavours. You can marinate for less time however the flavours won’t be as strong.
- Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, mint, coriander & basil in a large bowl.
Preheat a frypan or griddle pan & cook the steak for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate & slice across the grain.
- Divide salad among bowls & serve immediately. Drizzle with remaining dressing if required.