Light & fresh, this is a super easy lunch to whip up on a Saturday afternoon. Perfect for these warm summer days.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 4 cups kale leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 stalks of spring onion, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 sheets nori, finely chopped
- 500g sashimi-grade salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place kale in a large bowl & cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil & lemon juice in a jug. Set aside.
- Drain & squeeze out excess water, place in a large bowl.
- Add the rice, onion, sesame seeds, dressing & most of the nori.
- Divide the rice mixture between bowls & top with salmon, avocado & remaining nori.
- Serve with extra sesame seeds & dressing.
This recipe was originally adapted from Donna Hay, Fresh & Light.