Sweet & chocolatey, this mousse has hints of coconut but is so close to the real thing, it’s hard to believe that there’s no cream in it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans of coconut cream, chilled over night
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 125 gram bar of dark chocolate, (dairy free of course!)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of honey (substitute this for icing sugar if you’re making it vegan)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the cans of coconut cream in the fridge overnight for at least 24 hours. Make sure they’re the right way up.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave & set aside to cool slightly, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the cans from the fridge without shaking & open them. The coconut cream will have separated, using a spoon, remove the thickened cream from the top of the cans into a bowl & leave the runny remains in the bottom for later use. This coconut cream liquid is not used in this recipe – you can save it to make some scones later!
- Add the cocoa, honey & vanilla to the coconut cream & whip with an electric hand mixer until combined. Add the melted chocolate & whip again until combined.
- Pipe into glasses & serve with extra chocolate & fresh berries.
I use to the Moser Roth Dark Chocolate from Aldi as it comes easily wrapped for later use if you only need half.