The perfect dessert to whip up for the whole family; especially when they’re sugar & dairy free!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 small sweet pineapple, trimmed & cut to into 1 cm thick rings, with the core removed
- Combine the flour, egg & almond milk in a bowl & stir until smooth. Add milk as required to reach a runny pancake mix type of consistency.
- Prepare pineapple & remove core.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil into a small fry pan over high heat.
- Dip the pineapple into the batter & coat both sides. Remove the pineapple using some tongs & place it in the fry pan. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the batter is cooked & golden. Carefully flip the pineapple pieces and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat this process until all 8 pieces are cooked.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of honey & a sprinkling of desiccated coconut.
You may not even need the honey as this cooking process brings out the natural sugars in the pineapple which makes them quite sweet.