I had my first raw cherry ripe slice at this incredible cafe in Chadstone called Raw Trader. It completely opened up my eyes to a whole new range of sweets and what you can truly create without dairy & refined sugar. This recipe is my own version of their delicious treat, they keep their recipes top secret so I’ve done my best to recreate it by taste testing a few too many times!
Prep time: 35 minutes
Yields: 25-30 pieces
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/3 cup fresh pitted cherries
- 1 block of 85% dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Pulse dates, almonds & coconut oil in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs & sticks together when pressed. The processing may take a while.
- Pour mixture into a slice tin lined with baking paper & press it down to form the base.
- Place it in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Combine the coconut, vanilla & honey in a food processor & pulse until just combined. Add the cherries & pulse again until they’re broken down but still slightly chunky.
- Pour mixture into slice tin, press down to make it even then return it to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate & coconut oil in the microwave then spread evenly only the slice.
- Return the completed slice to the fridge & let it set overnight.
- Remove from the container & slice into 3cm squares. Serve with a cup of tea.