Delicious served warm, this pear upside down cake is the perfect treat for Sunday afternoon tea.
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes or until golden
Serves: 6 people
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 40g Nuttelex buttery
- 2 pears, peeled and cored
- 90g Nuttelex buttery
- 80g raw sugar or 60g honey
- 2 eggs
- 185g self raising flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius & grease a love heart cake tin.
- Melt the Nuttelex in a saucepan whilst stirring in the brown sugar over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into the cake tin.
- Cut the pears into thin wedges and arrange over the caramel sauce in 2 layers.
- Cream the Nuttelex & sugar until soft and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk & vanilla then beat until combined.
- Sift the flour into the mix & beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the batter onto the pears & bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown & a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake & cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled turn the cake onto a serving plate and enjoy.