A quick & easy snack idea to take to work.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1.5 kg
- 3 x 500g bags natural almonds (I used the Lucky brand)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 dessertspoons raw sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius & line a large baking tray with paper.
- Lightly beat the egg white in a small bowl then add the water, and beat by hand, until frothy but not stiff.
- Place the nuts in a large bowl with the cinnamon, sugar & egg mix. Toss to coat evenly & spread out onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
Make sure you store these in an airtight container so they don’t lose their crispy outer skin.