This recipe is not only easy but it’s also a special one in our family. Originally my Nan’s recipe, Mum took over the reigns throughout our childhood to whip this up as an after dinner treat. I’ve adapted it to be dairy free but it still tastes just as great as the original.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped dessert spoons of cocoa
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, fan forced & prepare a 18cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients and beat in a mix master for 3 minutes.
- Fold through the chocolate chips & pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.