A wholesome minestrone soup full of healthy vegetables & delicious flavours.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large desiree potato, diced
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 100g green beans, halved
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb mix
- Handful of fresh basil, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion & garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, potato, butter beans, herb mix & 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low & simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the zucchini & green beans along with an extra cup of water. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with some warm crusty bread & fresh basil.