A light & airy dessert filled with the summery flavour of passionfruit.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 people
- Melted Nuttelex, for greasing
- Fine caster sugar, for dusting
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, fan forced
- Place the passionfruit, sugar & lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat & bring to the boil.
- Combine the cornflour & water in a small bowl & mix to form a smooth paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat & whisk in the cornflour paste. Return to the heat & cook, whisking continuously, for 30 seconds or until thickened.
- Pour the passionfruit mixture into a bowl & refrigerate until cold.
- Brush six x 3/4 cup capacity ramekins with Nutellex, dust with sugar & place on a baking tray.
- Place the eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer & beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the extra sugar & beat until glossy.
- Gently fold the eggwhite mixture through the passionfruit mixture.
- Spoon into the ramekins & bake for 10 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Dust with the icing sugar & serve with fresh passionfruit.
- Original recipe adapted from Donna Hay.
- Adjust the cornflour to make this recipe gluten-free.