If you’re looking for a great work week lunch option, you can’t go wrong with my pumpkin soup. It’s warming & delicious, especially with some homemade spelt bread.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 brown onion, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1.2kg kent pumpkin, peeled & chopped
- 300 cream delight potatoes, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Campbell’s chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, pumpkin & potato. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add curry paste or nutmeg now, depending on your preference.
- Add stock, stirring to combine. Cover & bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid. Simmer for a further 10-15 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Add coconut cream 1 tablespoon at a time, depending on whether I’ve used the nutmeg or curry paste I add more or less coconut cream, this will very much depend on your personal preference.
- Return to heat for 5 to 6 minutes if eating straight away.
- The nutmeg makes this soup more a traditional pumpkin where as the curry paste gives it a little heat. Only add one or the other.