This recipe is quick, easy & always delicious. Perfect if a few unexpected guests turn up for afternoon tea.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 scones
- 2 cups self raising flour, extra for dusting
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan forced).
- Prepare a baking tray with paper.
- Combine flour & cream in a bowl. Mix lightly with a knife. Try not to compress the air too much as this will make your scones heavy.
- Add water gradually as needed. You want your scone mixture to be slightly sticky when touched but not too wet.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, tip mixture out onto a floured surface, flatten it with your fingers until it’s approximately 3cm thick.
- Using a 4cm round cutter, cut out scones. Press leftover dough together & repeat to make 12 scones. Place them onto the prepared baking tray, just touching.
- Cook for 10 – 15 minutes until golden & cooked through.
- Enjoy hot with fresh jam & a cuppa.