A quick & easy week night dinner, packed full of flavour, you won’t even realise that there’s no cheese.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 people
- 6 tbsp of my homemade basil pesto or tomato paste
- 2 Bazaar wholemeal pizza bases
- 1 large zucchini, diced in 2cm cubes
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 500gm button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 kent pumpkin, diced into 2cm cubes
- Handful pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, fan forced.
- Place the cut pumpkin on a lined baking tray & roast for 1o minutes or until soft.
- Slightly cook off the mushrooms & zucchini in a fry pan on the stove.
- Divide the pizza bases between 2 baking trays. Bake in oven for 5 minutes to dry them out slightly.
- Remove from oven & evenly spread the basil pesto or tomato paste over the bases.
- Remove mushrooms & zucchini from heat & pumpkin when soft.
- Top bases with spinach, onion, mushrooms, pumpkin & olives.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Pre-cooking the bases & some of the vegetables really saves you time & stops the bases from burning.
- Click here to see my homemade basil pesto recipe.