A flexible flavourful dish with a hint of paprika. Squeeze over some fresh lemon for an extra kick.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 people
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, cut finely
- 1 large chicken breast, diced into 2cm cubes
- olive oil
- 2 tsps sweet smoked paprika
- 1 red capsicum, diced in 3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 750ml Campbells chicken stock
- 300g paella rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 small tub pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lemon
- Put a large dash of olive oil in shallow frypan or paella pan on medium heat.
- Crush garlic & add to pan with oil, onion, parsley & carrot.
- Soften onion then add chicken. Fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the capsicum to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato paste & add rice. Stir through for a couple of minutes then add 500ml of the chicken stock.
- Put the lid on your pan and bring it to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add remaining stock once the original addition has absorbed.
- Stir in the peas & olives, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- An extra splash of water or stock may be required depending on your paella’s consistency. Simmer, covered until the rice is cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.