Sweetened with honey and filled with heart warming spices, this dairy free carrot cake is perfect for an afternoon treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 – 10 people
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 4 eggs
- 3 dsp of honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 115g pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced).
- Grease 20cm cake tin & line with baking paper.
- Sift flour & spices together into a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, beats eggs, honey, oil & vanilla with a whisk.
- Add wet to dry ingredients & mix until combined.
- Add carrot, pineapple, 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice & pecans.
- Mix together & pour into cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool cake for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm.