Quick and easy, you really can’t go wrong with this loaf. Low on sugar & high in taste, you can even add a few dairy free chocolate chips for a little treat.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 2 eggs (omit if making vegan version, add 4 tbsp extra olive oil or coconut cream)
- 2 large or 3 small bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of milk of your choice (almond milk tends to work best)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more to dust on top
- 1 3/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- Optional: 1/2 cup of walnuts mixed through or dairy free chocolate chips on top
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil and honey/maple together with a whisk. Add the eggs (if required) and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the vanilla and cinnamon, whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour. If you’re adding the chocolate chips or walnuts, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon & extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful here as it can sometimes get quite brown on top but not be cooked inside. If that’s the case, cover it in foil & let the cooking continue.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, (I usually can’t wait this long!) then transfer it to a wire rack to cool further.
Recipe adapted from Cookie+Kate.